You guys! Check out this mouth-watering treat made with some Perrin beer in it.
Made with our delicious Coffee Latte Brown Ale, here is a delicious Caramel Coffee Latte Crostata.
12 oz Coffee Latte
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1 cup heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
Salt, to season
1 frozen pie crust, defrosted
3-4 cooking apples, peeled and sliced – about 1 3/4 lbs
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp corn starch
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1. To make the caramel, add beer to a large saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook for 10 minutes, until reduced to 1 cup. Add butter and brown sugar, and cook for another 10 minutes, until gooey and thick.
2. Stir in heavy cream and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and a pinch of salt. Let cool and store in a jar in the refrigerator.
3. To make crostata, heat oven to 400°F. Place dough on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Place apples in a large mixing bowl and add lemon zest and juice. Mix to coat apples.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, corn starch, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Sprinkle over apples and mix well to coat. Spoon or arrange apples in the center of the crust, leaving a 2-inch border. Fold crust over the filling, pleating the crust as necessary. Pour some juice from the apples over top.
5. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until crust is golden. Cover apples with foil if they darken too much.
6. Let cool for 30 minutes and drizzle beer caramel sauce over top to serve.
Enjoy and Cheers!