12 oz Perrin Black Ale
¾ cup (12 Tbsp) unsalted butter
8 oz (1 ⅓ cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
½ tsp salt
1 cup fresh raspberries
1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
2 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp water
Ice cream, for serving
1. In a small saucepan bring Perrin Black Ale to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20-25 minutes until beer is reduced to ½ cup.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×9-inch pan and line with parchment paper.
3. Place butter and chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and melt in 30-second intervals, whisking after each until smooth. Mix together with beer reduction and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla extract and whisk vigorously by hand or with an electric mixer until batter is lighter in color and a little frothy.
4. Gently fold in salt, 1 cup of fresh raspberries and flour. Pour batter into prepared pan.
5. Bake for 40-45 minutes, until cooked through and the center no longer wobbles. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
1. Add 2 cups of raspberries, sugar, lemon juice and water to a saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to low and gently simmer, stirring regularly, for about 10 minutes.
3. Let cool before serving atop ice cream and brownies.